The Governing Council presents a perpetual Student Volunteer Award each year. The award was instigated in 2019 and aims to highlight the importance of volunteers in the life of our community and the difficulty in filling committees across the district, including sports, community and governing councils.
Nominations for the 2021 Governing Council Student Volunteer Award are now open. All nominees are required to submit the Nomination Form by 3:30pm November 19, 2021.
The Clare High School Governing Council’s role is to provide a link between the school community and the school principal, staff and students to strengthen and support the functioning and performance of the school. It meets twice a term to achieve this.
Some of the key roles of the Governing Council include to:
- Provide broad oversight of the school canteen.
- Consult with the school community to assist with setting the strategic direction and vision for the school, and in the development and review of school policies.
- Review, approve and monitor the school’s budget and setting the annual material and services charge.
- Review and endorse the school’s annual report and other policy documents.
The 2021 Governing Council is:
- Larn McMurray, Chairperson
- Matt Schultz, Secretary
- Susie Skinner, Treasurer
- Anna Baum, Community Member/Grounds & Facilities
- Lucy Stringer, Positive Behaviour for Learning/Grounds & Facilities
- Ingrid Smith, Grounds & Facilities
- Kelly Hilton, Agriculture & Viticulture
- Belinda Heard, Promotions & Fundraising
- Sharryn Daly, Principal
- Jacob Hayes and Brionie Mensforth, Staff
- Hayden Schultz and Molly Edmondson, Student Representatives
Some of the current activities the Governing Council is undertaking:
- Celebration of the school’s 100 Year Anniversary
- Major building works including canteen shelter extension and student wellbeing centre development
- Completion of the 5 year whole of school strategic plan
- Improving the safety of Blyth Road School Crossing
- Positive Behaviour for Learning Review
The Governing Council welcomes input and feedback from the school community and encourages parents and caregivers to become involved with the council, its committees and activities.