The Governing Council works with the Principal to help set and monitor the direction for Clare High School, meeting twice per term to achieve this.
Some of the key roles of the Governing Council include to:
- Focus on improving student learning outcomes in collaboration with the school staff.
- Review, approve and keep a check on the school’s finances, including to set the annual student fees and school operation budgets.
- Work on the School Improvement Plan and help to set other strategic directions.
- Provide consultation and ratification when policies are made or reviewed.
- Represent the whole school community in understanding local educational needs.
- Monitor and report on achievements of the school.
The Clare High School Governing Council is composed of 13 councillors, including:
- 7 x Parents
- 2 x Staff
- 2 x Students
- 1 x Community Member
The positions of Chairperson and Treasurer of the Governing Council are filled by the parent or community representatives.
Larn McMurray is the current Chairperson of the Governing Council.