GC Student Volunteer Award
The Governing Council presents a perpetual Student Volunteer Award each year. The award was instigated in 2019 and aims to highlight the importance of volunteers in the life of our community and the difficulty in filling committees across the district, including sports, community and governing councils.
Previous Winners –
2020 – Matt Holland
2021 – Ruby Naughton & Gemma Schultz
2022 – Taleah Wilkins
The Clare High School Governing Council’s role is to provide a link between the school community and the school principal, staff and students to strengthen and support the functioning and performance of the school. It meets twice a term to achieve this.
Some of the key roles of the Governing Council include to:
- Provide broad oversight of the school canteen.
- Consult with the school community to assist with setting the strategic direction and vision for the school, and in the development and review of school policies.
- Review, approve and monitor the school’s budget and setting the annual material and services charge.
- Review and endorse the school’s annual report and other policy documents.
The 2023 Governing Council is:
- Matt Schultz, Chairperson
- Trish Byerlee, Secretary
- Ruth Gielis, Treasurer
- David Klaassen, Vice Chair
- Michael Nugent, Community Member
- Kelly Hilton
- Derek Quinton
- Mandy Drew
- Sharryn Daly, Principal
- Jacob Hayes and Jane Haren, Staff
- Macy Young and Ella Smith, Student Representatives
- Some of the current activities the Governing Council is undertaking:
- Ongoing site improvements including the proposed student wellbeing centre development and digital school sign
- Finalisation and implementation of the 5 year whole of school strategic plan
- Improving the safety of Blyth Road School Crossing, school pathway access and student drop off zones
- Positive Behaviour for Learning Review implementation process
- Agriculture & Viticulture committee
The Governing Council welcomes input and feedback from the school community and encourages parents and caregivers to become involved with the council, its committees and activities.aR